No announcement yet.

Jackson KV2 Vs Jackson Stars / JP.KV/E-230(CS)‏

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am relaxing LOL. On the good side of things I just got my DK3 back with a proffesional set up and new EMG 85 in bridge and 81 in the neck. Can you say SWEET LOL my wife is really going to hate me now LOL

Comment

Originally posted by dogueboy View Post
      I am relaxing LOL. On the good side of things I just got my DK3 back with a proffesional set up and new EMG 85 in bridge and 81 in the neck. Can you say SWEET LOL my wife is really going to hate me now LOL
      You like the 85 bridge 81 neck? I prefer the reverse,or a 60 neck. the neck PU I like depends on what tuning I use, for D and C I like a 85 neck, a 60 sounds better with standard tuning, to my ears.

Comment

Yes i like the 85 in the bridge it sounds great. Real sweet for soloing. I am switching my DK2 over to EMG as well I am putting a 81 in the bridge on that one. I have played a friends KV2 it has both 81s in the bridge and neck and I liked it as well. I find the 85 in the bridge bridge a little cleaner sounding. A bunch of people on this board recomended i try it with this set up. I said to my self what the hell not like it is a big deal so switch them around. I was interested in the 60 for the neck but have not played with one yet so I went with I new worked and the people on the board talked me into switching it. If you do a seach on EMG pickups you will see some threads on this.

DOGUE

Comment

So what ya think you're going to get?

Comment

Well I heard back from IKEBE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS STORE and they will ship to Canada no problem. I do not know if they will ship to the USA but do not see why they would not. I am looking at this model now because I like the Original Floyd and EMG 81s on the neck and bridge http://store.yahoo.co.jp/34music/ys-eg-js-kv-a02.html

Oly I want it in Ferrari RED

Comment

One thing that does suck is that they will not take Credit Card or Paypal only Bank Transfer. weird

Comment

Originally posted by dogueboy View Post
                One thing that does suck is that they will not take Credit Card or Paypal only Bank Transfer. weird
                No problem with. I used bank wire transfer to Japan a couple of times before and it all went with no problem. It seems to be common way to pay for things in Japan .

And Ikebe has good reputation too .

Comment

How about Ishibashi? I've used CC with them heaps of times now. I do wish they'd take Paypal though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                    No problem with. I used bank wire transfer to Japan a couple of times before and it all went with no problem. It seems to be common way to pay for things in Japan .
                    Yes, common in Asia & Europe. I did a wire transfer just last week to get my Jackson Star also. There IS a problem if you're cheap (like me) and that is that US banks (don't know about Canada) will charge you about $40 for this service.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Yes, common in Asia & Europe. I did a wire transfer just last week to get my Jackson Star also.
                      What guitar did you buy? Start a thread when you get it
                      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Heh heh heh. Got it today. Waiting for pics.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Heh heh heh. Got it today. Waiting for pics.
                          Looking forward to seeing the pics

Comment

I will order a stars KV at some point soon, so I can tune it to D

Nothing like being a bit snobbish

Comment

Originally posted by hksb_alex View Post
                              Looking forward to seeing the pics

You know what it looks like!

Comment

Thanks Nazgul and RacerX for the information on the wire transfer. I am so used to using the credit card or paypal that the thought of wire transfer seems kind of backwards.
                                Was your Jackson Stars a costom order RacerX?

Comment

Working...
                                X